Claims Adjusters: Where to Find Your Next Job
By Nathan Guss |6 min|October 2023
Ever wondered where the best opportunities for claims adjusters in Canada are? From industry-specific platforms to social media accounts, here are some of the best online resources for your job search.
The job market for claims adjusters in Canada is vast and varied. Determining the best approach can be challenging. Here are some helpful online resources for both seasoned adjusters and those new to the field who are looking for their next position.
General Job Search Websites
In the digital age, the first few stops for many job seekers are online job search platforms. These websites offer a broad array of job listings catering to various industries and professions, including claims adjusting. Here are some of the top general job search websites available in Canada:
- Indeed.com: As one of the most popular job search engines globally, Indeed offers a plethora of job listings. By simply entering keywords such as “claims adjuster,” you can filter results based on location, job type and more. The platform also allows users to upload their CVs for streamlined applications.
- Workopolis.com: With its long-standing reputation, Workopolis is a go-to for many Canadian job seekers. The site offers various tools and resources, including career advice and trends, to assist users in their job search journey.
- Monster.ca: Monster is renowned for its comprehensive job listings and career resources. Whether you’re a seasoned claims adjuster or a newbie, it can connect you with potential employers across Canada.
- Careerbuilder.ca: Beyond its extensive job listings, Careerbuilder allows users to build their CVs online. This can be especially handy for those looking to revamp their CVs or create one from scratch.
- Glassdoor.ca: Glassdoor is not just a job search platform—it offers insights into companies through employee reviews. Before applying, claims adjusters can get a glimpse of company culture, salary ranges and more.
Industry-Specific Job Search Websites
For claims adjusters in Canada, there are several industry-specific platforms that cater exclusively to the insurance and claims adjusting sector. These platforms offer a more focused approach, ensuring that job seekers find opportunities tailored to their expertise. Here are some of the top industry-specific websites for claims adjusters:
- InsuranceWorks.ca: As one of Canada’s premier insurance job websites, InsuranceWorks offers job postings tailored to the insurance industry. Whether you’re a claims adjuster, underwriter, broker or in another insurance-related role, this platform has a wide range of listings to explore.
- i-hire.ca:** **Known for its comprehensive job listings, i-hire caters specifically to the insurance sector in Canada. From entry-level positions to senior roles, it covers a broad spectrum of opportunities in the industry.
- CIAA** **(Canadian Independent Adjusters’ Association): While the CIAA is primarily an association, its website often features job postings or listings for independent adjusters. It’s an invaluable resource for those keen on working independently or with smaller firms.
- Insurance Institute of Canada’s Career Connections: The Insurance Institute is a pivotal educational institution for the insurance industry in Canada. Their Career Connections page is replete with job listings and resources for those looking to further their careers in insurance.
Setting up job alerts or notifications on these platforms can be a game changer for claims adjusters. By doing so, they can ensure they’re promptly informed of new job opportunities that align with their expertise. Additionally, attending industry events, seminars or webinars can provide networking opportunities and potentially lead to job offers not listed on public platforms.
Social Media Platforms:
Believe it or not, social media platforms aren’t just a prime place to watch hilarious cat videos. They’ve become indispensable tools for job seekers, including claims adjusters. These platforms not only offer job listings but also provide opportunities for networking, learning and staying updated with industry trends. Here are some key social media platforms and how claims adjusters can leverage them:
- LinkedIn: Often dubbed the professional’s social media platform, LinkedIn is a powerful tool for claims adjusters. By creating a detailed, updated profile, adjusters can do the following:
- Facebook: While Facebook is primarily a platform for personal connections, there are numerous groups dedicated to insurance professionals in Canada. Groups like Independent Insurance Claims Adjuster Group and Claims Adjuster Network are great places to network, share experiences and even find job listings.
- X** (aka the platform formerly known as Twitter)**: By following insurance industry influencers, companies and associations, claims adjusters can keep their finger on the pulse with real-time news, trends and job opportunities. Hashtags such as #ClaimsJobs, #InsuranceCanada, and #ClaimsAdjuster can be used to find relevant content.
While social media platforms offer numerous opportunities, you should maintain a professional online presence. Regularly updating your profiles, engaging in meaningful discussions and sharing relevant content can enhance your visibility and increase your chances of landing that dream job.
Navigating the job market as a claims adjuster can sometimes feel like trying to solve a jigsaw puzzle with a few pieces missing. But with the right resources and a dash of determination, you’ll find those missing pieces and fill out the picture of your ideal job. So keep your CV updated, your online game strong, and your coffee stronger. Cheers to your next career move!
By Nathan Guss|5 min|November 2023Extreme Weather Impacts the Insurance Industry
In recent years, the insurance industry has faced a surge in extreme weather. Climate change is mak...
By Alexia Leclerc|3 min|October 2023Prioritizing Security : Announcing SOC 2 Type I Compliance
What is SOC 2? System and Organization Controls, as defined by the American Institute of Certified ...
By Nathan Guss|6 min|October 2023Claims Adjusters: Self-Employment or Working for an Insurer?
Considering a career as a claims adjuster in Canada? With many paths available, each offering its u...
By Nathan Guss |6 min|October 2023Claims Adjusters: Where to Find Your Next Job
The job market for claims adjusters in Canada is vast and varied. Determining the best approach can...
By Nathan Guss |9 min|September 2023How to Succeed in Temporary Rentals?
Do you have a property that you’re thinking of listing for short- or medium-term rental? Or perhaps...
By Nathan Guss|4 min|September 2023Temporary housing: social media accounts to follow
Running a temporary rental business requires staying informed about the latest industry development...
By Nathan Guss|8 min|September 2023Understanding Property and Casualty Insurance Vocabulary
Unless you’ve had a real string of bad luck or you’re a true pro at adulting, reading your insuranc...
By Nathan Gusss |6 min|September 2023Temporary Rentals: Should You Use a Short-Term Rental Management Service?
Short-term rental properties can be a lucrative side hustle or even full-blown business. But they c...
By Nathan Guss|5 min|August 2023Do You Know Who Does What in Your insurance Claim?
When disaster strikes your home, the aftermath can be overwhelming. You need to know who you can co...