1. Help Center Sinistar
  2. Sinistar Host
  3. Your rentals
  4. Do I have to insure my accommodation?

Do I have to insure my accommodation?

We don’t require you to insure the accommodations you publish on Sinistar. That said, we strongly recommend that you take out a home insurance policy.

Good to know

Home insurance can protect you against breakage or damage, theft and disaster-related losses. In general, it also includes liability insurance. This can be useful if someone gets hurt in your home and claims damages.

To learn more:

Am I protected against damage, loss or theft?

Before taking out insurance

Make sure that you:

  • Thoroughly read and understand all clauses in the contract. Your general insurance agent or broker must explain them to you.
  • Inform your insurer that you are renting your accommodation on a temporary basis. This could impact insurance costs, as well as the coverage offered.
  • Check if the contract covers actions (and inaction) by the people staying in your lodging.