Cleanliness is an absolute priority for disaster victims. Before each rental:
- Wash and dry the sheets and towels. Don’t rely on your eyes: wash them even if they look clean.
- Sweep and wash the floors. Don’t forget less visible areas where dust tends to accumulate. For example, in corners and under furniture.
- Polish all surfaces, especially in the kitchen and bathroom. Remember to do the tops of cabinets, ventilator grills and the inside of electric appliances.
- Disinfect commonly touched hard surfaces. For example, counters, light switches, remote controls, toilets and door handles.
- Wash dishes in hot, soapy water. If you have a dishwasher, consider using the “disinfect” cycle.
- Empty garbage cans and put in new plastic liners. Check that there is no waste left anywhere in the accommodation.
Good to know
You can choose to do the housework yourself or hire professionals. If you use professionals, be there to supervise the first time they come. Accommodation cleanliness remains your own responsibility.