Last updated: November 14, 2022
To accommodate the significant growth of the Sinistar platform, we have made changes to our General Terms and Conditions, Terms for Hosts, and Terms for Policyholders and Claims Adjusters (collectively, the "Terms").
The updates described below are effective November 14, 2022 for all users. Capitalized terms not defined on this page have the same meaning as provided in the Terms.
We encourage you to review all Terms that apply to you.
Updated Terms for Hosts
- We have added provisions related to the use of company names or logos in member profiles.
- We have updated the section on competition and solicitation.
- We have updated the provisions in case of issues during a relocation.
- We have updated the payment terms for hosts.
- We have added the possibility for Sinistar to charge a cancellation fee in certain cases.
Updated Terms for Policyholders and Claims adjusters
- We have provided additional information on the services offered by Sinistar.
- We have clarified that the claims adjuster must approve the quote selected by Sinistar.
- We have clarified who is responsible for paying the costs related to a Relocation.
- We have clarified how the rent and the deductible, if any, are managed and how they are paid by the policyholder.
Updated General Terms and Conditions
- We have added rules of conduct for users of the Sinistar platform.
- We have added the possibility for policyholders to rate hosts and leave comments about their stay.
- We have added provisions related to member accounts.
- We have updated the limitations of liability and exclusion of warranties.
By continuing to use the Sinistar platform, you confirm that you accept the updated Terms and Conditions. The new Terms will apply to all activities (including existing Relocations) on the Sinistar platform.
If you have any questions, please write to us at email@example.com.