1. Help Center Sinistar
  2. Disaster Victim
  3. About Sinistar
  4. Who pays for my temporary accommodation?

Who pays for my temporary accommodation?

Sinistar is designed for disaster victims who have home insurance coverage. This means that your insurance company will pay for your temporary accommodation.

When you reserve a home with Sinistar, you sign an assignment of debt. This document authorizes your insurer to pay Sinistar directly for your accommodation, so you don’t need to advance any funds or provide us with a credit card number.


Depending on the terms of your insurance policy, you may have to pay rent or a deductible to Sinistar.