1. Help Center Sinistar
  2. Sinistar Host
  3. How it works
  4. Do I have to insure my accommodation?

Do I have to insure my accommodation?

We don’t require you to insure the accommodations you publish on Sinistar. That said, we strongly recommend that you take out a home insurance policy.

Good to know

Home insurance can protect you against breakage or damage, theft and disaster-related losses. In general, it also includes liability insurance. This can be useful if someone gets hurt in your home and claims damages.

Before taking out insurance

Make sure that you:

  • Thoroughly read and understand all clauses in the contract. Your general insurance agent or broker must explain them to you.
  • Inform your insurer that you are renting your accommodation on a temporary basis. This could impact insurance costs, as well as the coverage offered.
  • Check if the contract covers actions (and inaction) by the people staying in your lodging.